With a new round of bitcoin all-time highs and groundbreaking industry news, it’s safe to say that April proved to be another eventful month.
ICYMI: New assets available + New Names
Earlier this month, we were pleased to announce the addition of Polkadot (DOT), Aave, and Yearn.Finance to the Wallet and Exchange. Nearly two years ago, we announced an integration of Polkadot to help the acceleration and decentralization of the network. Today, Polkadot (DOT) is available in both the Wallet and Exchange. Aave and Yearn.Finance, which are already listed on the Exchange, are now both live in the Wallet. Send, receive, buy, sell and trade these assets to your heart’s desire.
The Blockchain.com Wallet also received an upgrade in April. At a high level, we’re now differentiating between brokerage-style Accounts, in which Blockchain.com holds and secures your funds and the self-custody (or non-custodial) Wallets, which let every user control their private keys and their crypto. Sign in to your Blockchain.com Wallet to see these changes in action.
The Bottom Line
In April, bitcoin once again topped charts with a new ATH of $63K. Ethereum also had an extraordinary month. The market hit the ground running day 1, catapulting to $2,500, briefly correcting and ending the month with a new all-time high of ~$2,700.
And that’s not even delving into the excitement we’re seeing in DeFi, other protocols, and across the industry.
Feature of the Month: Simple Swap
Buying your first crypto and taking back your financial freedom can be exciting. But what then? As the market shifts, you may feel the need to move with it. The Blockchain.com Wallet Simple Swap experience has made it faster, cheaper and easier to swap between cryptos whenever you want. This feature is located in your Trading Account and all swaps are done off chain, allowing for faster confirmation and lower fees. Swap between BTC, ETH, DOT, XLM and more.
The markets have taken center stage this month. And between bitcoin’s new all-time high, it’s then 15% drop, Coinbase’s IPO and even the wild week Dogecoin experienced, there’s no secret why.
Alongside that market excitement, Venmo announced its more than 70 million customers can buy and sell bitcoin, ethereum, litecoin, and bitcoin cash. While this is certainly good news for the industry — introducing millions to the world of crypto who might not have considered it before — by only allowing users to buy and sell, it highlights the value of having a proper crypto product like the Blockchain.com Wallet.
Blockchain.com in the News
- Barron’s — Crypto company IPOs were top of mind this month. Our CEO, Peter Smith, told Barron’s Luisa Beltran that Blockchain.com is carefully considering its public-market options.
- Coindesk — After bitcoin’s break to a new all-time high, Coindesk’s Damanick Dantes spoke with several crypto analysts for their bitcoin forecast. Garrick Hileman, Head of Research at Blockchain.com, gives his take.
- Decrypt — Decrypt spoke with Blockchain.com product manager, Amadeo Pellicce about our recent listing of DOT, AAVE, and YFI.
- The Telegraph — Baillie Gifford participated in our recent Series C, investing $100M. James Titcomb spoke with Blockchain.com CEO, Peter Smith, about the details.
- Yahoo Finance — Peter Smith was interviewed live on Yahoo!Finance about Coinbase’s IPO listing and how this could impact the industry. (3:37:00)