Tom Brady and his wife, Gisele Bündchen, have taken an equity stake in the popular cryptocurrency trading platform – FTX. Although the amount of the equity stake has not been disclosed, it’s known that the duo will receive some sort of payment in cryptocurrencies.
- Bloomberg coverage from June 29th indicated that the power couple of Tom Brady and Gisele Bündchen had taken an equity stake in FTX as part of a long-term partnership.
- As a result, the American football legend and the model and activist will serve as ambassadors for the popular exchange. Furthermore, Bündchen will have a role in the company’s environmental and social initiatives department as an advisor.
“Tom and Gisele are both legends, and they both reached the pinnacle of what they do. When we think about what FTX represents, we want to be the best product that is out there.” – commented the exchange’s founder and CEO – Sam Bankman-Fried.
- On the other hand, Brady classified the current developments in the cryptocurrency space as an “incredibly exciting time” and called the exchange “revolutionary,” which continues to “open my eyes to the endless possibilities.”
“This particular opportunity showed us the importance of educating people about the power of crypto while simultaneously giving back to our communities and planet.” – the sports legend added.
- It’s worth noting that Brady has outlined his support for the industry for a while. He announced plans to release an NFT platform earlier this year and later updated his Twitter profile to contain the famous laser eyes, which have become synonymous with BTC bulls.
- At the same time, FTX continues with crucial partnerships with US sports brands. CryptoPotato reported recently that the exchange partnered with the NBA team – The Miami Heat, whose field is now known as “FTX Arena.”
- Shortly after, the cryptocurrency company became the first digital asset partner of Major League Baseball.