Open-source project and community-run crypto wallet Pillar, today launched V2 of its multichain crypto wallet. The company’s founders are holding a webinar launch event called “Will DeFi Cross the Chasm?” on June 30th at 6 pm CET to show attendees how the V2 multichain wallet can benefit them.
V2’s new features and services include:
- Community DAO – Pillar (PLR) token holders govern the product roadmap, fund initiatives; manage the treasury of 100M PLR tokens; and get rewarded for their contributions.
- Low fees and faster transaction speeds – users can connect to dApps available on sidechains and layer-2 networks and pay 99 percent lower fees compared to Ethereum.
- Cross-portfolio management – one wallet, one address, and one dashboard to manage crypto assets across networks for a unified multichain experience.
- Actionable insights – wallet users can access industry news, trends, and educational materials directly within the app (via Pillar Stories).
- Decentralized and secure – smart contract-based wallets offer enhanced security and are recoverable.
“The V2 launch brings together the expertise we’ve gained from building and scaling smart wallet solutions in the decentralized space over the past three years with exceptional UX/UI.”
– Pillar CEO, Michael Messele
Note, an updated WalletConnect feature will have automatic network switching to connect users to chains like xDAI, Binance Smart Chain, and Polygon.
CCO of Pillar Aldin Ademović says, “Ethereum remains the industry leader for innovation and liquidity, and Pillar V2 will guide users there, but with more intent and purpose by educating them on the basic characteristics of EVM-compatible chains and the benefits of smart contract wallets.”
“Pillar’s native SDK, Etherspot, powers the multichain aspect of the V2 smart wallet, making the entire experience seamless for users,” says Ademović. “Plus developers can leverage the technology for broader adoption in the DeFi space.”
Pillar partner, Ramp Network will make in-app fiat purchases possible on EVM chains, reducing purchase fees by 80 percent. Also, data-driven analytics will be provided by partner Novum Insights, a market intelligence company based in London.
Upcoming this week on June 30th at 6 pm CET, the Pillar team is holding a webinar launch event.